Rashtrotthana Parishat is a Public Service voluntary organization that is working relentlessly towards the very essence of nationhood and to restore the creative spirit of our countrymen. Its very special aim is to implant in the hearts and minds of our people the greatest values founded and practiced by our rich heritage. The seed that was sown in 1965 has now grown into a big tree and is bearing the fruit and giving succour to many since then.
Rashtrotthana Trust was carved out of Rashtrotthana Parishat in 2003 as a service Trust.
‘Utthana’ (Ascent), a Kannada monthly’s first issue rolled out on 05.10.1965 (Vijayadashami) with 5000 copies and Dr. Suryanath Kamath as its first Editor. Today, Utthana is the talk of every intellectual. It is available through internet also.
RASHTROTTHANA SAHITYA AND MUDRANA TRUST (RSMT)
Rashtrotthana Sahitya and Mudrana Trust is the Publishing and Printing Division of Rashtrotthana Parishat.
Quality printing: One of the finest state-of-the-art printing press in the region.
Rashtrotthana Sahitya – 255 books
This is the publishing division of RSMT that has published several 225 books on various themes like history, education, entertainment, health, biographies and stories of great personalities.
- Publishes books oriented with nationalistic themes, social thoughts and literature that cultivates the society. Apart from bringing out original work, great books from other languages are translated to Kannada.
- Publishes books that illuminate the true National History rather than that which has been written from the western perspective.
- The first book, ‘Ranaveelya’, of stories of soldiers who became martyrs during the wars with Pakistan and China was published on 05.12.1965 (Geeta Jayanti).
- The 2nd book was ‘Yavana Vijeta Chandragupta’ and the 3rd was ‘Kannadada Kadugaligalu’.
- ‘Atmaahuti’ is an autobiographical style narrative on the life of Veer Savarkar.
- ‘Ajeya’ on Chandrashekar Azad and ‘Adamya’ Vasudev Balwant Padke.
- Another important release is “Rudirabhisheka’ on the lives of Bhagha Jatin Singh and his team of revolutionaries.
- Bharata-Bharati – 835 books
- ‘Bharata-Bharati’ book series, launched in 1972, is a unique collection of small well-produced books on great personalities of India in all fields. These books, that are small in books but great in value, transport us to a world of great heroes and heroines of legens, history, martyrs, sages, saints, great men and women who lived for others, warriors, revolutionaries, scientists, writers, sportsmen who all live in the pages of these books.
- 610 titles have been brought out in Kannada
- 225 titles have been brought out in English.