A School With A Difference
|Address||Jaigopal garodia Rashtrotthana Vidyalaya,|
2nd “K” Cross Road, HRBR Layout
1st Block Kalyan Nagar,
Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560043
|Phone No||080 25450422 / 7624982737|
|Board||DOE, Karnataka State Board|
|Classes||Pre KG to 10th (2.10 yrs to 17 yrs)|
High Academic Standards
The concept of education followed is known as Panchamukhi Shikshana where the development of each of the Pancha Koshas is linked to academic syllabus for the Panchakoshatmak Vikas of the human being from basic animal instinctive tendencies to Paripurna Manav. The Five Prongs of Panchamukhi Shikshana are:
Individualized Education Program (IEP)
is planned for all the children where each child is taught based on her learning and grasping abilities and to gently guide her to progress through the learning process.
Faculty Development Programs
are a very integral part of our school ecosystem. Planned, structured and innovative methods are used and each faculty member puts in 10% of their time to enhance their teaching skills and personal growth.
Student Development Programs
are integrated seamlessly into the school time table and are a contiguous part of the curriculum. Skills required for the all round development of the children based on the Panchamukhi principles form the basis on which the entire program is designed.
10th Std result in 2019-20: 98% pass
|Percentage||Number of Students|
|85 – 90%||15|
|60 – 85%||21|
The difference we make
- The fee structure is designed and subsidized with an eye for first generation learners of the economically challenged background.
- About 25% of the children who are unable to pay even the low fee due to genuine reasons are supported by getting sponsors to take care of the education and 75% get education at subsidized fees.
- But the academic and infrastructural standards are on par or better when compared to nearby schools with considerably higher fees.
- Financial deficits are met by donations received from generous individuals, CSR, institutions and many organizations.
- No child is refused admission or taken out of the rolls due to non-payment of fees.
- Higher Education of needy and deserving Alumni students is supported by connecting them to donors till they complete education and gain employment.
Profile of our Students and Parent Community
- Most of the children are ‘First Generation School Goers’.
- Majority of the children are from economically challenged backgrounds
- Most of the parents are daily wage workers having a large family.
- It is very difficult for them to pay fees and would prefer a working child.
- They need to be cajoled, induced & largely motivated to enroll their children to JGRV due to its low fee structure.
Challenges of the Pandemic Situation
- 6% fees of 2019-20 and 70% fees of 2020-21 has not been paid by the parents due to the pandemic and the loss of livelihood and wages.
- As a result of non-payment of fees, we have reduced the salary of our teachers to 50% since June which is causing indescribable distress, untold hardships, misery and anxiety to the teachers who are the pillars of our nation and who prepare the citizens of tomorrow.
- Current online classes has forced our teachers to adopt e-teaching which needs additional mobile data and devices which they have to bear despite pay cuts.
Resilience in the Pandemic Situation
True to our motto that learning should continue for all, we commenced online classes from 13th April and are conducting 150 hours of online classes per week for all the children irrespective of fees payment.
YASHODHA GRUHA – Free Hostel For Girls
Since many of the school children, especially girls, come from difficult circumstances, had lost both or one parent and the single parent was unable to take care of their children, or were living in a very tough environment with relatives, there was a need for hostel facilities for them. Therefore, in June 2015, Yashodha Gruha, a home for girls was started. The facility is within the school premises and the girls are given free accommodation, food and stay with us till they complete their education. The home now houses twelve girls with two care-givers
Jaigopal Goradia Rashtrotthana Vidyalaya was established in June 2000 as Sree Veena Vidyaniketan at Banaswadi, by a local, dedicated team of like-minded individuals as a service project. It started its activity with Pre Primary Classes and 9 students in a carpenter’s shed and later relocated to a 100 years old building at Banaswadi in 2003. It was accepted as a project of Rashtrotthana Parishat in 2004.
The School was successful in getting a plot of around 15,000 sq. ft, thanks to the generous financial support from donors in 2007.
Shri Jaigopal Garodia, a philanthropist of Chennai, generously donated the seed money for the construction of the school building which facilitated the completion of the 1st phase of construction of ground and half the 1st floor in May 2009. The school was relocated to his building and renamed as Jaigopal Goradia Rashtrotthana Vidyalaya in his honor in June 2009. The whole building construction of 5 floors was completed in 2015.
Impact of generous donations
No of students who benefitted by free education
|YEAR||No of |
Support to Alumni Students Given by School
|Year||No of Students||Total amount|
School built by Society
|Building||2009-15||Various donors, Institutions, Companies and Organizations|
|Computer Laboratory||2011||Sri Harnaamdas Kapoor Trust|
|Library||2012||Companies & Individual Donors|
|Mathematics Laboratory||2012||Companies & Individual Donors|
|Pre Primary Play Area||2014||American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, Arkansas,|
|Sport Room||2014||Companies & Individual Donors|
|Science Laboratory||2015||Col Kumar & Smt. Jayanthi, Keystonelogic, AAPI, Arkansas, USA|
|Activity Room (Mont Lab)||2016||Col Kumar & Smt. Jayanthi, Thejas Kumar, Rotary International|
|Projector & A/V Equipment||2016||Larsen & Turbo|
|Benches & Desks||2012||Woodkraft, OPEn Inc, Various Donors|
|Green Boards & Soft Boards||2012||Sri Harnaamdas Kapoor Trust|
|Doors, Windows||2013||Various donors, AAPI, Arkansas, USA|
|Yashodha Gruha Renovation||2018||Col Kumar & Smt. Jayanthi|
|CCTV Cameras, Water Filter||2014||AAPI, Arkansas, USA|
|Education Sponsorship and Yashodha Gruha Sponsorship||Every year||OPEn Inc, E2Open, Individual donors, Institutions, Organizations, Analog Devices, Commscope, Youth For Seva, Sagacious Systems, Vestian Global Workplaces|
|Repairs and Maintenance||2018||Vestian Global Workplaces|
|Expenditure – salaries, overheads and infrastructure||2019||70% managed by donations and contributions.|